Wikipedia

Search results

Thursday 21 August 2014

Reflective Essay

David

Bullying is present everywhere, from schools to workplaces to even homes. Bullying and Discrimination can come from the form of physical or verbal. Although bullying may not seem like a serious problem, the consequences prove otherwise. Depending on the severity of the bullying, the consequences ranges from Depression to even death. There has been cases where bullying has been so severe for the victims that they take their own life.

I believe that the reason why bullying can become so serious is because these victims do not speak up about it. These victims should not suffer in silence. If we are being bullied, I think that it is best to let a trusted adult or teacher know. However, I also believe that speaking up to your bully will stop as well. 

The reason why certain people resort to bullying is because of insecurity. Maybe they have been abused at home and they have no one there for them, which is why they take it out on the people that are too afraid to speak up. As humans we all just want to have friends because we are sociable. 

After the bullying has been dealt with, I think it is best to forgive them and perhaps make friends with them. As what Gandhi said “An Eye for an Eye makes the whole world blind.” If we all just get back at them, that will not accomplish anything and only harbours more hatred. Another quote by Abraham Lincoln, “Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” If we can deal with bullying and forgive the bully, I think that would be the best way to stop bullying.

No comments:

Post a Comment